Thursday, January 17, 2013

Animal Anatomy Finals

Final projects for my Animal Anatomy class. I ended up redoing them all so there would be some kind of cohesion in the design. We were told we could basically get as creative as we wanted for the final render of each animal, so since we did the dog around Halloween, I decided to turn him into a Pokemon. Originally I went with Growlithe but that turned out so bad there's no way I'm posting it. When I redid the final dog I changed to a kind of Houndour/Houndoom mix. Worked a lot better. Also for the updated finals, I did the coloring in pencils instead of digitally, and then added dodge and burn in Photoshop. Starting with colored pencils gave the nice, unexpected effect of a really furry texture without me having to add that in Photoshop.









Also, here are the links to the reference photos I used for the horse and the dog. The reference photo for the otter came out of a National Geographic.


EDIT: Well, I can't find the link to the dog photo. I could have sworn I got it off of deviantart, but now I can't find it. Hmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment