Thursday, July 24, 2014




























Went to the zoo with my family and did some sketching. I always love going to the zoo for this

The bats are my favorite, and this time around I got a couple good sketches. Although we did notice that the bats weren’t actually eating the fruit, they were just sucking the juice out and then dropping big chunks of the fruit.

My sister really wanted to see the seals. Lucky for us they were putting on a show when we walked by. Also the seal trainer’s name was Joe, and I thought that was funny for reasons.

The trainers also happened to mention Seafood Watch, an app that lets you check for restaurants that have ocean-friendly seafood.

I always learn so much when I go to the zoo. Did you know that a flamingo's pink color fades after it dies? And that there's a Mexican blind cavefish that doesn't have eyes? It lives in such dark environments that it doesn't need them. It has whiskers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment